Monday, November 16, 2009

Home Time



I spent a blissful week at home, catching up on the world. I sent my official resignation from Watercrew notification to all of my contacts this week which marks the beginning of new things in the pipe line. About 2 years ago I launched my own business called Kee Marketing and have been doing small amounts of consulting work mainly withing the marine industry.

While planning my next few months I have been riding each day to try and get a bit fit and shed some kgs that seem to have slipped on somehow...... It should be a pleasant peaceful experience but I seem to come home slightly shaken.. allow me to explain...

First it is magpie breeding season so I get swooped at least twice every ride, as I go out and back I get the same feisty bird whacking its beak on my helmet usually when I least expect it, horrid horrid things that scare the crappers out of you! After ducking the birds and madly swinging a big stick above my head to get rid of them it is not unusual for me to encounter a few snakes slivering onto the road in front of me and twice last week I saw dead rabbits and possums. Oh yeah don't let me forget the human sized Doberman that barks like it could eat you in one gulp every time I ride past his farm, thank god for the very high fence.... so after all this I am unsure why I do it, are the kgs worth it??!! Might start going a different way, the alternative is to ride into a busier car infested area so not sure what will be worse!

WA, please bring on more bike tracks!

No comments:

Post a Comment